SPF- SECURITY FOR SKIN HEALTH
SPF word is cling with us nowadays, when we travel or we are exposed to the sunlight we often use SPF and we advise people to use SPF.
Once we apply SPF, we psychologically feel relaxed.
Do you know what does this SPF stand for?
So first let me define SPF as a Sun Protection Factor.
We feel SPF protects against any kind of heat and sun rays but SPF only stands against UV rays.So Lets understand sunrays. Sunlight has two types of rays, which has three types of UV rays among a catogery. UVA & UVB -UVC
Sun rays: UV Rays = UVA, UVB & UVC, only UVA N UVB reaches to the surface, UVC Never reach the surface.
Research had to define both rays very clearly. “UVB is direct and responsible for skin damage which is skin burn or sunburn, such a sunburn makes skin sensitive and makes skin peel and itchy. So upper layer damage is caused by UVB.
Now UVA is responsible for deep inside skin issues like damaging skin layers deeply and that slowly and indirectly damage DNA.
Protection against UVA Is very difficult and not clear. So when we use any kind of SPF, it’s IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT IT WILL PROTECT US FROM BOTH RAYS.
Penetration of UVA is difficult to stop. As it can travel right through any layer of glass or window glass and affect your skin more deeply than UVB.
So, when you want to assure that your SPF is protecting you against UVA also check the broad-spectrum label on it your product.
So, what is a measurement of SPF:
- Sunscreen which is 30 label means it will control and block 97 percent of UVB rays’ effect and protect the skin.
- A higher number of SPF will control and block a little more level of UVB rays and for a little longer time.100 percent of blocking of UVB rays is not possible.
Does higher SPF IS BETTER?
- Experts always suggest broad-spectrum 30 SPF for daily use. More the SPF Value – more sunburn protection.
- We believe that more SPF numbers will give more sunburn protection, but there is NO 100 percent protection.
- So when you want to choose SPF for daily use.
- Choose Broad-spectrum sunscreen of 30 SPF minimum.
Sunburn – sun screen & Normal Skin Pigmentation
Our skin has melanocytes which are responsible for melanin. Which gives us some kind of protection against sunburn and damage caused by UV rays.
Sometimes people who have fair skin they feel that they don’t need sunscreen or person, have dusky skin, feels that they don’t need sunscreen,
Forget about your skin type whatever skin color tone or texture sunscreen protection is important means sunscreen application is mandatory.
We always have some queries and doubt in our mind that if it is cloudy weather, do I need sunscreen?
Application of sunscreen is required even you cannot see the sun or sunlight.
Sunlight rays are invisible, and you cannot see it with naked eyes.
They are harmful and dangerous to your skin; they can pass through fog or clouds also.
Tips of using SPF
- Clean your face and apply a little moisturizer.
- Take very little SPF and make a thin layer on your entire face or body part.
- Check you are not leaving any part of your body which is open.
- If you are continuously in sunlight, repeat the application every two hours.